Mind games. Whether it’s from the trailers or from something one of its cast members said, Marvel is messing with its fans, I say. Chris Evans apparently has hinted at hanging up the suit (suggesting his character may die), the creators of Thor have indicated sequels to Ragnarok (suggesting he lives), but I’m not buying any of that noise. Remember when prior to Rogue One’s release, announcements for a sequel were made. *Spoiler Alert* All the characters in that film die, so the sequel announcement was just the press team playing tricks on us, trying to preserve the surprise of the ending. Here is my second attempt at predicting which Marvel characters will die in Infinity War, coming to theaters April 27th. This is based completely on my own reasoning, and not swayed at all by what the trailers indicate or what any actor or producer has said. Can’t trust them.
1. R.I.P Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. Best known for his work with Stark Industries and The Avengers, he has already completed his solo trilogy, and costarred in five other films besides. He dies doing something impossibly heroic that contrasts with his self-absorbed demeanor at the end of part 2, reminiscent of Sidney Carton (Tale of Two Cities).
2. Goodnight Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America. Though called Captain America, you died saving the world, working together with frenemy Tony Stark at the end of part 2. After a solo trilogy, and several other appearances, actor Chris Evans is surely ready to move on.
3. Au Revoir, Thor, son of Odin, and King of Asgard. You had just become interesting after New Zealander, Taika Waititi, inserted a sense of humor into your makeup. Surprisingly, the actor who plays you, Chris Hemsworth, was game. Solo trilogy finished, high note achieved, you died in the second part, but not before seeing your brother’s death avenged.
4. Farewell, Stephen Strange. I’m sorry, Doctor. You only had one solo movie, so your death in the first part took everyone by surprise, but someone had to go in order to establish how serious the situation is, and formidable Thanos is. Benedict Cumberbatch is an Oscar nominated person. He should be alright without you.
5. Light-speed Vision, the hero formerly known as Jarvis. Voiced by Paul Bettany, before you were physically played by the actor, you have low-key been a big part of the Marvel universe. Unfortunately you are the first die by Thanos’ hands.
6. Game over, Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston. You were always more fun than Thor. Thankfully, you two had a nice scene before you die in part one, and Thor vowed to avenge you.
How mad would people be if T’Challa as Black Panther dies? The idea of fans rioting amuses me. He’s on my list with Spider-Man as untouchable. No way do they die. Everyone else is fair game, though I’ve revised my original take of a large amount of deaths to six, devastating deaths to really deliver that epic and grandiose feeling this new set of films is going for.